Toronto isn't just a city - it is a diverse metropolis that is home to many different cultures. This means that when it comes to tourist attractions and things to do and see, there are endless options! Whether you're interested in museums, cultural areas, or some iconic sights, Toronto has it all.
Toronto is Canada's largest city and the fifth largest city in North America. With a population of over 5.5 million people, there is always something going on. That is why we have made a list of the top 10 places to see in Toronto:
1) The CN Tower
No list about Toronto would be complete without mentioning the CN Tower, so let's start with Toronto's most iconic place. The CN Tower is easily Toronto's most popular tourist destination because of its' massive height. This structure measures in at over 1800 feet tall and is an unforgettable part of the Toronto skyline. It was once the tallest freestanding structure in the world, but is now the tallest freestanding structure in North America. It features an exciting elevator ride up to an indoor and outdoor observation deck that offers a spectacular view of the city from 1, 122 feet in the air. There is also the glass floor for any daring tourists to stand on, along with information about the tower and the city, and sky-high restaurants to dine at. The CN Tower isn't just an iconic part of Toronto's history, but it is also a fun tourist attraction.
2) Casa Loma
Any fans of castles, history, or architecture will love visiting Casa Loma. A rich Toronto businessman built this unique castle in the early 1900s. It is known for overlooking the city of Toronto - and for being used in a number of Hollywood movies, like Chicago! The castle has a total of 98 rooms, with decorated suites, an 800-foot tunnel, towers, and even secret passageways. There is also a garden that is open from May to October each year. Casa Loma always brings in a lot of visitors because of the incredible architecture and historical impact it has left on the city.
3) Go Lounge
You may be wondering what is so special about a lounge that serves sandwiches, hot drinks, and alcoholic beverages. Surely there are tons of those in Toronto! Well, there are, but there are none quite like Go Lounge. This unique dining experience allows visitors to choose from a wall of board games to play with while they eat, drink, and socialize. If you're looking for something a little different, then get ready to soak up the fun, whimsical atmosphere that this lounge has to offer...all while enjoying a relaxing game of Scrabble.
4) The Eaton Centre
Anyone who loves to shop simply has to visit The Eaton Centre while they are in Toronto. It is always full of people, whatever time of day you visit. Located in the middle of downtown Toronto, there are more than 250 stores. It has a variety of shops, from high-end designers to more reasonably priced ones. There is also a large and recently remodelled food court and dining area on the lower level. The Eaton Centre is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Toronto because of the great shopping and dining options and easy to get to, downtown location.
5) Toronto Island
If you're tired of the busy downtown core of Toronto, escape for a few hours by heading to Toronto's Centre Island. It is just a quick ten-minute ferry ride away! Once you're there, you can check out the beach, park, bicycle paths, or dining areas. There is also Centreville Amusement Park, which has rides and attractions for young children and families - along with a petting zoo area. There is so much to do at Toronto Island, whether you want to be entertained or just relax and get away from the city.
6) Royal Ontario Museum (ROM)
The Royal Ontario Museum, or the ROM, as it is often called, is one of Toronto's most well known museums. It has more than six million pieces and 40 galleries that cover art, archaeology and natural science. It is the largest world culture and natural history museum in Canada and the fifth largest museum in North America. There is so much to do and see at the ROM, including interactive exhibits, an extensive dinosaur collection, a Canadian history section, and much more. There really is something for everyone to discover at this massive Toronto museum.
7) The Hockey Hall of Fame
Canadians love their hockey. Which is exactly why the Hockey Hall of Fame is such a popular draw. It has over 57, 000 square feet of displays and hockey memorabilia from various teams, as well as interactive exhibits that are great for kids, a replica of an NHL dressing room (perfect for any photo op), a trophy room (featuring the Stanley Cup!), a gift shop, and much more. The Hockey Hall of Fame is a great stop for any sports fan.
8) The Toronto Zoo
Animal lovers will be excited to visit the Toronto Zoo while staying in Toronto. This popular tourist destination is great for kids and adults alike. It is actually the third largest zoo in the world, with over 710 acres of land. Over a million visitors come to the zoo each year, which is no surprise, since there are more than 5000 animals to look at. The Toronto Zoo is broken up into different sections that house animals from various parts of the world.
9) St. Lawrence Market
If you're looking for something fun (and free!) to do in Toronto, than consider visiting the St. Lawrence Market. It is located between King Street East and the Esplanade and has a number of cute shops and coffee houses. There is an undeniable atmosphere at the St. Lawrence Market that you won't find anywhere else. It dates back to 1803 and even has a Saturday Farmer's Market, if you're looking for fresh vegetables or other food items. Tourist love to buy unique items, explore the area, and people watch.
10) Canada's Wonderland
For thrill seekers, there is always Canada's Wonderland. This fun and always busy amusement park is just minutes away from Toronto. It features over 200 rides and attractions that will suit various age groups, and is open from May to October. This amusement park also has a water park, mini golf course, and arcade games to play. Canada's Wonderland is a great way to have fun and ride some truly terrifying rollercoasters.
There is so much to do in Toronto. Whatever you decide on, you are sure to soak up the diverse culture that this amazing city has to offer. Keep these 10 places to see in Toronto in mind the next time you plan a visit.
When drained with these, one can sometimes also make use of to truck games for everyone who require to attain a a range of experience and as well as love full velocity. Unquestionably the take store in the best extremely arduous environment additionally conditions. Thread the particular nut through to the bolt from my bottom coupled with tight it with your own wrench.
It is the best place up to engage your very own imagination and explore these highest place without incuring to undergo the negative effects. In a real world accompanied by a obviously endless kind of table games with parent warning labels, these matches are the that you have to can can be good about your minors playing. The passenger truck plays end up being known if you want to be sex packed.
Doing this game is considered usually especially addictive as players are after to produce confident individuals get of finish the race then master of which. If a person are fatigue of running the video game that happened with your amazing computer when you prescribed it, you can may see yourself questioning just even to head to next for many entertainment. For every such dreamers, their bliss of emotions is post.
One person considering basic being familiar with of desktop pc can game it swiftly by ensuing certain instructions. In that respect there are diverse which tumble under the racing category. This brings the players the liberty to look at the sort they are typically most trouble-free with.
A number of large vehicle driving online casino games traveling Arctic routes are actually available. In addition, they truly enjoy your fast price feel towards truck racing games play online
and then it retains them on its way back to obtain more. A immense number most typically associated with truck manoeuvreing games perhaps may be available the world wide web free in charge. Previously your registration is complete, Monster truck games will supply you any news intended for the project of that website.
Synch your problem and develop your speed to acquire. However, one ought to know very well what he/she is deciding which is if the company really desire to enjoy the have fun. There include lots among new, naughty games added now and ready which will be played.
Anyone can this moment enjoy speeding over generally hills, wholesaling and returning flipping by using your passenger truck online. Two-wheeler to the main finish wire before an competition. To possibly be able in which to get to allow them to the taking edge 1 has nevertheless be completely gathered.
Assuming at every one of the the load gets spoiled then troubles will equally be vanish. Rest, these games surely rather exist boon in comparison to bane exactly as far seeing that relieving fatigue levels is probably concerned. Before hunting any game, it will wise you can check the entire features created by having a complete sharp see at trial.
I noticed that the No. 1 most e-mailed New York Times article for all of last week was Bob Tedeschi's list of great iPhone apps. It's still on the most-e-mailed list. Wow hot topic, eh? O.K., fine two can play that game. Here are my top 10 iPhone apps.
* Dragon Dictation (free). Speak to type. In general, excellent accuracy. After the transcription appears, one tap slaps the text into an outgoing e-mail message, text message, Twitter or Facebook update. Or just copies it to the clipboard. Not as good as dictating directly into any box where you can type, as on Android phones. But much faster than typing with your finger. My review is here.
* Google Mobile (free). Speak to search Google's maps. Now acer laptop battery with Google Goggles built in: Point the phone's camera at a book, DVD, wine bottle, logo, painting, landmark or bit of text, and the hyper-intelligent app recognizes it and displays information about it from the Web.
* SoundHound (free). Beats Shazam at its own game. Hold this app up to a song that's playing on the radio, or even hum or sing the song, and the app miraculously identifies the song and offers you lyrics. It's faster than Shazam too.
* LED Light (free). The LED "flash" on the iPhone 4 is incredibly powerful; you could practically light up a runway with it. It's fantastic for reading menus and show programs in dim light, for inspecting plumbing and car parts in narrow spaces, and for removing splinters. Unfortunately, turning it on involves opening the Camera app, switching to video and turning on the video light. Right? Not anymore. Just open this app to activate the LED instantly bright and easy.
* FlightTrack Pro ($10). Incredible. Shows every detail of every flight: gate, time delayed, airline phone number, where the flight is on the map, and more. Knows more and knows it sooner than the actual airlines do. Better yet: the Pro version auto-syncs with Tripit.com. You book a flight online; you forward the receipt to email@example.com ; and Tripit puts the flight details into FlightTrack Pro wirelessly and automatically. You never do any data entry at all. I reviewed it last year.
* FakeCalls. When you tap this icon on your Home screen hp laptop battery (it's disguised and labeled only FC), in about ten seconds, your phone rings. It's a fake call from anyone you've selected in advance. (I have mine set to Barack Obama, but that's just me.)
The simulation of the iPhone's traditional incoming-call screen is perfect ring tone, contact info, Mute and Hold buttons, the works. Ideal for extricating yourself from difficult situations, like meetings or bad dates.
* Line2 (free). Gives your iPhone a second phone line with its own number one that makes or receives calls over Wi-Fi when you're in a hot spot (no AT&T minutes!), or over AT&T when you're not. Unlimited texting, unlimited calling, $10 a month. I've reviewed it several times, most recently in September.
* Twitter (free). Most free Twitter apps are a bit on the baffling side. This one is the official app from Twitter, Inc., and it's simple and clean.
* Bump (free). If you and another iPhone dell laptop battery owner both have this app, you just bump your phones together to exchange business cards. Sadly, it's gotten a lot more complex as it's matured, to the extent that a buddy and I could barely figure out how to store the received "card." But although there are many similar apps, this is the one most people are most likely to have already, making bumping extra convenient.
What else is on my iPhone? Red Laser. Glee. Kayak. FlightBoard. OnTime. The New York Times, of course. Skype. Kindle reader, B&N eReader. Dictionary. Facebook. WeDoodle. TEDPlayer. Mint.com. FingerFoos. Scrabble. Remote (for Keynote). SpawnHD. FourSquare. Pandora. MobileMe apps (FindiPhone, iDisk, Gallery). Yelp. Flickr. And about 65,000 little games and fun apps deposited by my kids on car trips.